DR. TABITHA & DEREK JOHNSON
When Derek and I visited Le Blanc Spa Resorts for the first time in 2017, the dream of hosting a luxury, all-inclusive couples retreat was born…and 63 days later, we launched our very first Luxe Couples Retreat. The retreat is designed for couples who want to relax, refresh and reset their relationships. Now, we are fortunate to have couples join us from all over the United States and Europe, and their raving testimonials and reviews speak for themselves. We’ve been able to revive countless relationships, help reignite passion, and connect couples on a deeper level than they’ve ever experienced.
Having built one of the highest rated marriage and family therapy practices in Florida, I (Dr. Tabitha) see what brings couples to therapy every day. I know the challenges that most couples experience in being able to get their emotional needs met, stay physically and sexually connected, and successfully navigate communication and conflict. Using years of clinical experience and the leading research in our field, I bring practical applications that will help you and your partner improve your relationship for years to come.
My wonderful husband, Derek, is an entrepreneur and works in the field of finance…but most importantly, he’s my partner in everything, including the retreats. Jokingly referred to as the “delirious” to my “serious,” Derek is the Chief Executive Officer of FUN in our retreats. His humor and real life examples bring a male perspective to the conversation and ensure that all our couples laugh and enjoy every minute of their retreat.
We promise you, our retreat doesn’t include stuffy conference rooms and business attire. Flip flops and beach attire are welcome! Each morning, we’ll meet in a small group setting for around 90 minutes to learn key relationship skills to help you understand each other, communicate better, and feel closer and more connected than ever before. After that, feel free to enjoy your day on the beach, in the spa, or in the pool…or any way you’d like! Join us, for a fun, relaxing and romantic retreat with your mate!
DR. TABITHA’S BIOGRAPHY :
During the 18 years of being in the field of marriage and family, I have specialized in helping couples. I spent my entire doctorate program studying couples and researching what makes couples succeed in relationships. I’ve also studied what makes people feel disconnected in marriage and relationships. If you’re like most people, you would like to lower your chances of relationship problems or divorce and increase the possibilities of having a happy marriage or relationship. Fortunately, there’s lots of research demonstrating that successful relationships require each person to use healthy relationship skills, and you can learn those relationship skills through our luxury all-inclusive couples retreat.
- Master of Science degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Valdosta State University
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Marriage and Family Therapy, The Florida State University
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Florida
- Clinical fellow of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Owner of Family Therapy Associates of Jacksonville, an upscale, specialized therapy center, focused totally on bettering couple and family relationships
- Served as a couple and family educator, professor, and early childhood specialist
- Established the Healthy Marriage Initiative for the state of Mississippi
- Named one of Jacksonville’s top marriage counselors by Three Best Rated, 2016, 2017, & 2018. Trained Jacksonville’s top marriage counselors by Three Best Rated in 2019 & 2020.
- Happily married to my husband, Derek, who makes me laugh and makes sure that there’s never a dull moment in life
- In my free time, I enjoy cooking, traveling internationally, and shopping (shoes and handbags are my weakness)